Freedom of Information Requests
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act allows you to request almost any information held by us.
Making a Request
If you think we have done a good job, or if you think we can do something better, we would love to hear your views.
Your feedback is an important part of our quality assurance. We are also really interested in hearing how your learning has helped you. We will not use or publish your feedback without your permission. There is a range of ways you can give your opinion:
- Talk to your course tutor or staff at one of our centre
- Email your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join a Learner Focus Group: Throughout the year we ask learners to help us by giving their views on particular subjects. Let us know if you are interested and we will contact you to invite you to join a group
Complaints and Concerns
The nature of organisations is that, occasionally, things do go wrong. In these instances, we encourage all our learners to voice their concerns to us so that we can take steps to solve these problems and try to make sure they don’t happen again. To help us to improve the quality of our service, please follow this complaints procedure:
- Speak to your tutor or any staff member.
- If you still have concerns please contact the relevant Programme Manager. You can find their details on page 20 of your Learner Handbook.
- If this does not resolve the issue email email@example.com or call Freephone 0800 988 0308 and ask to make a complaint.
- If you feel you have still not received a satisfactory resolution then you can contact Paul Fleming, Head of Service for Leicestershire Adult Learning Service, or Leicestershire County Council’s complaints team via the www.leics.gov.uk site.
We aim to formally respond to all complaints within 5 working days. Where this is not possible we will advise you of the issues and confirm an appropriate timeframe with you. If you prefer to communicate by post please address all complaints to:
- Catherine Baker, Assistant Learner Engagement Officer,
Leicestershire County Council,
Leicestershire Adult Learning Service,
The Rutland Building, Room 700
County Hall, Glenfield.